Saint Patrick’s Pro-Cathedral, at 91 Washington Street, Newark, was the first seat of the Bishops of Newark until the Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart was dedicated in 1954. While the parish continues to serve a small Catholic community living in this downtown Newark area, the parish also serves a larger community of commuters who work in Newark.

Since its foundation in 1850, Saint Patrick’s Pro-Cathedral has served the City of Newark’s Catholics as a spiritual center. Led by the Holy Spirit, we joyously celebrate the Holy Mass and Sacraments, lives the Good News of the Gospel in its actions and programs, and encourages an ever deepening relationship with Christ Jesus.



La Pro-Catedral de San Patricio, en 91 Washington Street, Newark, fue la primera sede de los Obispos de Newark hasta que la Basílica Catedral del Sagrado Corazón fue dedicada en 1954. Mientras la parroquia continúa sirviendo a una pequeña comunidad Católica que vive en este centro de Newark, la parroquia también sirve una comunidad más grande de los viajeros que trabajan en Newark.

Desde su fundación en 1850 la Pro-Catedral de San Patricio ha servido a los Catolicos de la Ciudad de Newark como un centro espiritual. Guiada por el Espíritu Santo, celebramos con alegria la Santa Misa y los Sacramentos, vivimos las Buenas Nuevas del Evangelio en sus actividades y programas, y anima a una relación personal mas profunda con Cristo Jesús.